Unit 4 – Revisional Operative Management of Morbid Obesity
- Fellows will develop understanding of revision options, including the benefits and risks of each.
- Fellows will develop surgical competence through experience with revisional bariatric procedures.
- Fellows will develop the skills and knowledge to evaluate and care for patients preoperatively and postoperatively.
Fellows will have experience with procedures for revision to treat complications or failure of previous bariatric surgery.
Fellows will participate in preoperative evaluations for surgical revision:
- Order and interpret appropriate testing
- Consult with non-surgical specialists when needed
- Evaluate most appropriate surgical option
- Educate patient on benefits and risks of each option
Fellows will gain appropriate operative skill through primary and revisional procedures to perform these procedures in practice.