Diversity Summer Co-Op Program
The Diversity Summer Co-Op program allows college students to gain work experience in non-clinical roles in healthcare. Students work (up to 20 hours per week) in various departments throughout the hospital to gain a first- hand understanding of the many disciplines required to operate a hospital. Co-ops participate in weekly presentations to learn more about the hospital and the healthcare field. Additional topics include resume writing & interviewing; the value of hospital volunteers; allied health careers; creating & delivering effective presentations and professional development.
- Applicants should have completed their sophomore year in a four year accredited college/university or two year community college. Graduating seniors will be accepted if they have been accepted into graduate or professional school for the fall semester immediately following the summer co-op program.
- Applicants may be enrolled in any course of study including but not limited to HR; IT; Finance; Communications; Health Administration; Nutrition; Public Relations/Marketing; Business Services; Speech Pathology; etc.
- Applicants must be available to work 8 consecutive weeks during the summer (including mandatory Wednesday Lunch –N-Learns; Final Presentation and Mission/Service Project).
- Applicants must complete an Abington – Jefferson Health application on-line and meet all requirements for hiring including passing a background check and pre-employment physical.
- Applicants must attend New Employee Orientation and comply with all Abington – Jefferson Health policies & procedures and uphold Abington’s standards.
- Students are required to have their own housing and transportation.
Preference will be given to students living in the immediate hospital area.